Supplier Profile - Granite Falls Consulting
Danette McGilvray is president and principal of Granite Falls Consulting, Inc., a firm that helps organizations increase their success by addressing the information quality and data governance aspects of their business efforts.
Danette is the author of Executing Data Quality Projects: Ten Steps to Quality Data and Trusted Information™ (Morgan Kaufmann, 2008).
Do you need to solve these types of issues related to information quality and data governance?
- A customer does not receive an order because of incorrect shipping data
- Products are sold below cost due to wrong discount rates
- A manufacturing line is stopped because parts were not ordered due to inaccurate inventory information
- Your organization is struggling to cope with regulatory demands of Basel III, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley and other directives
- Changes to product line data by one department impacted sales force compensation in another area of the company
- Product release was delayed because of poor master data and the inability to find the people with the knowledge to correct the problem
So how can we help?
Through the support of world-class consultants we provide a range of information quality and data governance services including:
- Executive awareness
- Training and workshops
- Program assessment, design and implementation
- Project planning and delivery
- Team direction and alignment
- Implementation services
- Consulting for specific needs
- One-on-one coaching
Data Integration/Migration Projects :
Incorporate key data quality and governance activities into your project life cycle or SDLC such as:
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) applications
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Customer Relationship Management or other specialized software
Information Quality Issue Resolution :
Resolve specific information quality issues that impact whatever your organization needs to accomplish such as:
- Management decision support
- Supply chain management and operations
- Customer satisfaction and CRM programs
Business Impact Assessments :
Reduce the costs of poor quality information by quantifying cost to your business and make appropriate investments to improve quality:
- Data Quality Software Solution
- Define requirements, evaluate, and implement data profiling and cleansing tools and processes to meet your business needs
Information Quality and Governance Program Design :
Create an environment that promotes information quality and management in your company.
Governance and Stewardship Programs :
Design and implement business process ownership, data stewardship, and change management to ensure quality information and resolution of strategic data issues
Compliance Initiatives :
Ensure the data component is fully included when meeting government, legal, regulatory, privacy, and security requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA.
Data Audits and Profiling :
Inventory and understand your data assets, scope, and quality. Find the quality issues proactively.
Metrics and Ongoing Monitoring :
Replace opinions with facts. Measure information quality, identify root causes, and confirm your implemented solutions are working.
Data Standards and Metadata Quality :
Develop, maintain, and govern data standards and the quality of metadata.
Data Quality and Data Governance Training
Do you need someone to coach or mentor your team so they can deliver to their full potential?
Danette McGilvray has educated hundreds of organizations and individuals, across many sectors and regions, imparting practical, results-driven techniques.
- Ten Steps to Quality Data and Trusted Information™
- The Many Dimensions of Data Quality Explained
- Information Quality in an Integrated World
- Optimizing the ERP Environment through Data Quality and Governance
- Building the Business Case for Data Quality
- Data Integration and Quality – Helping BI and Data Warehousing Succeed
- A Practitioner’s Guide to Communicating about Data
- Building Bridges: Leadership Workshop
- Data Governance and Corporate Politics
About Danette McGilvray
Focusing on bottom-line results, Danette and her team helps organizations enhance the value of their information assets by naturally integrating information quality management into the business.
A skilled facilitator, program and project manager, she has worked with people in all levels of the organization and from all functional areas, giving her a valuable perspective on organizational challenges based on real-life experience. Critically, she also emphasizes communication and the human aspect of information quality and governance.
An internationally respected expert, her Ten Steps™ approach to information quality has been embraced as a proven method for both understanding and creating information and data quality in the enterprise. Her trademarked approach, in which she has trained Fortune 500 clients and thousands of workshop attendees, applies to all types of data and all organizations. Her book is used as a textbook in university graduate programs.
Contact Granite Falls Consulting
President and Principal
Granite Falls Consulting, Inc.
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 215
Newark, California 94560
(San Francisco Bay Area)
Office: +1 510.651.4400
Cell: +1 510.501.8234
Fax: +1 510.780.2439